Targeting who to market towards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: Photo Marketing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saryn
Forum Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Targeting who to market towards Reply with quote

I'm having a hard time figuring out which direction I want to go in. My work is not all that commercial.. I'm working on building more of a commercial portfolio.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to decide who my work would appeal most to and how to get my work out there. My first step has been to research marketing information, these forums have been very helpful.

So now I need to figure out who to sell myself/work to.

I've been doing vending shows to sell prints and galleries as well. I get a lot of that's a great photo, and you're very talented, but not many sales.
Brooks Ayola
Supreme Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Saryn. You might want to contact the people on this list and talk to them a bit.

Marketing Consultants:
http://www.prophotoforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=47

For a relatively small fee, any one of them could get you pointed in the right direction, I'm sure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Saryn
Forum Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Smile

I'm already looking into BurnsAutoParts.com and taking advantage of the information she offers. I've taken one of Maria's workshops and plan to take it again and another that she offers.

Smile
Brooks Ayola
Supreme Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just getting a few opinion from a portfolio review would be the first thing I would do. At the very least they could suggest what to work on to round out your vision.

I've heard of portfolio reviews where the consultant really liked only one or two images and told the photographer to test like crazy to fill the book with those types of images.

Have fun. It's an ongoing process.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: Photo Marketing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: