Pretty Standard Stuff...a vent and question
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: Paper work, paper work, paper work!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koa wrote:

As for it not meaning anything... I learned a very long time ago that even if you give something for free, to always attach a value to it. People need to know the worth of what you are giving them in materials, time and usage fees. If not, they will expect the same everytime and that's when you truly under value the industry. Free is nice, but there is always some cost to that "Free"and I make sure that the recipients are aware of how much I am ACTUALLY giving them and how much they are ACTUALLY receiving.

Free is really not free and they need to know it.

-Koa-

I was unaware of the history of your town, thanks for the details.

But to most people unless they are writing a check for $15,000 or $100,000 it won't mean a lot them. Especially something as intangible and esoteric as usage. If you gave them a truck or a house and said it was worth $50,000 they'd 'probably get it'. I am not saying don;t do it but don't expect them to treat it the same as something they actually pay hard earned money for. TO most it's just a made up number.
Jon DeVaul
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koa, what an interesting albeit sad story. Have you talked to the principal about this? Are they aware, and just don't care, or maybe ignorant of the history of the area. Their attitude may be that this is what it's called now, and the heck with history.

Jon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: Paper work, paper work, paper work! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: