NYTimes: For Photographers, the Image of a Shrinking Path

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K.C.
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: NYTimes: For Photographers, the Image of a Shrinking Path Reply with quote

Interesting article at nytimes.com

For Photographers, the Image of a Shrinking Path.

http://tinyurl.com/y98x4gy
bruchi
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took you this long and a NYT article to realize this?

I for one appreciate being in the industry in the 80's when both "working" photographers and those on top of the food chain could make a decent even good living, now it is pretty much the last ones and even some of those are in deep financial woes.

A lot of us are barely surviving, many, at least in my neck of the woods have quit altogether and only the few obstinate, "I will never give up" from the pack still hope for at least going back to actually making a living at it, it is never gonna be the same, that is for sure.

Every other person in "facebook" is a "creative" image maker with a digital camera and the other half happily accept what they do!

The bar on image quality has gone down the drain, just as product quality went the same route when mass production became the norm. We now "rent" cars, our second larges expenditure, instead of buying them and pay more for a bottle of water than for a bottle of soda!
K.C.
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruchi wrote:
Took you this long and a NYT article to realize this?

No, I abandoned any expectations of making a living as a pro shooter a decade ago. But the moment I post my opinion I'm chastised by the cheer leaders that make a living keeping pro shooters engaged in the belief that it's still worth their time.

http://prophotoforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=1187&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: General Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: