Project ID: 618713 (from guru.com)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andréas
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Project ID: 618713 (from guru.com) Reply with quote

Some time ago there was a discussion (I think it was here and not on the PDN forum) about guru.

I went there registered and forgot about it. Fast forward to 2010...

A couple of months ago I started getting all these project notifications for photography. Needless to say, nothing was really worthwhile. But the project notification I received today is the best (in terms of being ridiculous). I am tempted to contact the person with some sarcastic remark, but I think that I will bite my tongue.

Here is the notification from my email (check out the pay and copyright limitation):

Category: Photography & Videography
Description:
This is a simple task for the right person so please bid accordingly.

I'm looking for a person who is a hard worker and who will listen and perform work as asked.

My ideal candidate will have strong cooking skills, an eye for food preparation and serving appearance and who owns a good quality camera.

I am looking to hire two people in order to complete this project in the shortest time possible. I have 20 recipes and require the following to be completed:

- 10 recipes (per candidate) to be cooked and prepared, then photographed with 5 different angles/zoom (in order for me to select which image one I feel looks best)

- Photographs or the recipes must be taken in a professional manner on a clean bowl or plate - no floral designs or similar on the crockery and without a distracting and messy background.

You must include [RECIPES2010] in your response to your interest in working on this project.

This is a fun and enjoyable job. Do not bid unless you like this kind of work, enjoy cooking and will ensure a professional standard of work while maintaining a positive attitude. I like working with good people.

I require this project to be completed within 7 days from the hiring date. I expect regular updates daily, by 6pm EST, with a quick list of what has been performed, and an attachment of the work which has been completed. I require 1-2 recipes minimum to be submitted to me daily by this time to ensure the project is completed within the 7 day period.

I will not accept delayed work, if you cannot meet these deadlines please do not bid on this project.

My price does not include the price of the ingredients for these recipes - as the food can be consumed by yourself and/or family members. My price is for the photographs of the recipes only at $7 per recipe.

If you are not completely clear on the information provided about this project please PM me.

Please note: The ingredients used within these recipes are simple ingredients that are easy to source. Cooking utensils are basic (oven, pots and pans), majority of recipes contain either red meat, chicken or fish.

You will not own the rights to these photographs.

Enjoy with a shot of vodka.

-- A.

PS Sorry for posting this, but I felt this is a safe place to vent...

Edit: Just because I was annoyed, I bid for the project. My bid was $3,000 US (a tad higher than the $70 s/he was willing to pay) and my proposal description simply asked him/her if this was a joke.
http://twitter.com/andreasthanos

Last edited by Andréas on Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:04 am; edited 1 time in total
jlafferty
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For $3,250/day I'd do that. Within that price I could get a space, a chef/stylist, and still clear a reasonably good creative fee. Hell, I'd even throw in the costs of messenger service.

Where do I sign up to bid? Very Happy

edit: Oh, wait! This is WFH. Make my rate $8,500/day and we'll call it at that.
Gordon Moat
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did that really state 20 recipes to be photographed at $7 each? Including five different angles of shots per recipe? Wow! What is that guy smoking? Someone should report him to the Labor Board for wage abuse.

Gordon
====================
Gordon Moat Photography
http://www.gordonmoat.com
Brooks Ayola
Supreme Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My God. That's brutally stupid. If someone accepts that job, we should all be able to kick them in the nuts... twice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: General Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: