Pricing DVD copies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: Paper work, paper work, paper work!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pwgphoto
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject: Pricing DVD copies Reply with quote

I am just finishing up a project for a client that I am going to deliver on a DVD. The DVD is in a plastic DVD case with custom artwork I made for the front and back cover sleeve. The DVD is printed on my epson. The one copy of the DVD is included with the original fee, but I have a feeling that she is going to want more copies for other people involved with the project. It could be 10-20 DVDs.

These take time and money to burn, print, cut out sleeve photo and assemble. What is a fair price per DVD package? The client is a Realtor's charity that does home makeovers for deserving people.

Thanks
Paul
James Cook
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're doing it in a charitable mode, double your materials expenses and let it go at that.

Otherwise I've seen $25 as the going rate for a first DVD and $15 for duplicates.

Creator of:
METAmachine
FindAPhotographer
Ashley
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Pricing DVD copies Reply with quote

pwgphoto wrote:
The DVD is in a plastic DVD case with custom artwork I made for the front and back cover sleeve. The DVD is printed on my epson.

These take time and money to burn, print, cut out sleeve photo and assemble.

Hi Paul
Are they saying this is what they need i.e. custom artwork, front and back - or is it just copies of the DVD they want ?

How about suggesting you create a special web page for them - where they can download the images from - and then they can forward that link onto others. This is what we do for many of our clients - and most love it - as it saves them time & money posting out copies or trying to email large files, etc.
It also means I can monitor their usage too Smile

Ashley Morrison
http://www.ampimage.com
http://www.ashleymorrison.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: Paper work, paper work, paper work! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: