second shooter questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: Photographer's Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elsiecam
Forum Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: second shooter questions Reply with quote

Hello all. New to the forum here (as of 20 seconds ago). I'm a professional photographer in Nashville, TN (have been shooting for 20 years), and I'd like to start working as a second shooter for other photographers. Photography isn't my full-time job. I only shoot about 5 weddings a year. Most of my business is casual kid portraits, babies, events, etc. I LOVE shooting weddings but the stress and post-production editing that goes it are just overwhelming at times.
I'm super easy to work with and enjoy meeting and working with people. My style is journalistic, unobtrusive, and I do what I can to avoid using a flash. (I love when brides tell me, "You got all these great shots and we didn't even know you were there!") I feel like I have a lot to offer another photographer, but I'm not sure how to market myself, and I'm not sure how much I should expect to be paid. (Or do I set a fee myself???)
Thanks for any help. If you have time to take a quick peek at my website, could you give feedback as to how much money I might expect to receive for the work I do?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: Photographer's Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: