Hola! Hallo! Hello! Bonjour! --- Introductions ONLY!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mschulz
Just Getting Warmed Up

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

My name's Michael and I'm a commercial life-style and fashion shooter based in Houston (which I will hopefully change in 2010). Like so many other here I found this forum through the PDN Forum which more or less seems defunct.

Best,
Michael

www.michaelschulz-photography.com
Gordon Moat
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to PPF. I shoot part of the year in Houston, mostly shipping industry or oil industry clients. It's not a bad place to shoot at all, if you can make the networking connections to keep shoots coming your way. Best of luck to you.

Gordon
====================
Gordon Moat Photography
http://www.gordonmoat.com
mschulz
Just Getting Warmed Up

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome. Hit me up when you're in town. Always like to meet with other photographers.

Mike

www.michaelschulz-photography.com
Armin
Forum Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Hello all! Reply with quote

Hey, it's Armin. I'm from Germany originally but have been living in sunny San Diego for four years before moving to Shanghai, China in 2003. The lights are bright and my lungs are unlickely to recover, but it does give me a good buzz.

I've been working in-house for a global enterprise (mostly pharma & innovative materials & chemicals) for the past four years, and am responsible for much of their photography in China (shooting myself; selecting other's work etc) and video, and I also handle project management for brochures, corporate magazines and the likes.

Though I do get a kick out of lighting the 'high tech lab' stuff, my true love is photo-documentary work; I love to be on the road in Asia and am willing to eat things you didn't know existed if it delivers enuf juice to keep clickin'.

So much for now, glad to be here!
A capital THANKS to Brooks!
megafunk
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaze Hall, Los Angeles-based visual artist/conceptual photographer. I'm here because Brooks has made multiple attempts at stealing my soul.
Brooks Ayola
Supreme Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Armin and Blaze. Your souls are mine!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Koa
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:58 am    Post subject: Wow, I'm impressed! Reply with quote

Ok. Many of you may remember me over at PDN as "Boriken Warrior". I'm still Boriken Warrior but I signed up here as Koa.

Well, let me tell you, I vanished from PDN about, ohhhhh, 2-3 years ago and I finally had a business question that I needed answered. So, I went to the pro's over at PDN and OH MY GOD!!!! What a mess! What the frak happened over there!?

To put it mildly, the place sucks!

The site is all schitzo, I could not log in under my original password, I could not use the lost password feature... it was just a total mess.

If it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT!!!!

Well, they fixed it.

I eventually got in by creating a new account and luckily found someone who referenced this forum.

Whew!

So, to those who do not know me....

I move back and forth from Puerto Rico to Hawaii and back again. I just moved back to Puerto Rico July 2008 and I think I am tired of moving. Besides, my in-laws in Hawaii are butt-heads and full of all kinds of shizzle (they hate me but who cares as long as I'm oofing their daughter. tee-hee!) Wink

My last full time photography job was as a photographer at Sea Life Park on Oahu. I got in the water with the smiling tourists and took pictures of them making goo goo eyes at the dolphins, sea lions and stingrays. Oh, what joy!

Before that, I worked as the primary field photographer for the Army at Schofield Barracks and Fort Shafter, Hawaii. That means I did a lot of Grip-n-Grins as well as portraits and official DA photos for the soldiers promotion files.

So I am now back in Puerto Rico. After a three year absence, I am back to doing what I do best. I am making images of the Native American Taino tribe of the Carribbean. I have a short slide show on my MySpace page: www.myspace.com/borikenwarrior

My most recent shoot was this past January. My model flew in from Florida and she did a terrific job. I'd post some of the images here but they are nude (taino women wore no clothes until they were married and then it was just a loincloth) and I am not yet sure if that is allowed here or not.

I am currently involved in the production of a video game based on the Taino culture. My first post on this forum is a question regarding payment from said game.

I am providing all imagery for the game which is to be scanned into the game. this has not been a fun process even though it is exciting. I got real kick seeing my models image placed on a 3-d digital skeleton. To see her fully animated was really cool.

By the way, the name of the game is called 'Arrival". I think the web site is active, not sure. take a look and see if it is: www.arrivalgame.com

So, that's it. I'm glad to be here amongst fellow professionals.

Yayyyyy!

-Koa-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Koa
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Oops! Forgot to mention... Reply with quote

where in Puerto Rico I am from.

If the island farts, that's where I'm at. I am dug very VERY deep in the mountains pf PR, pretty much the black hole of the island. I am smack dab between the towns of Lares and Adjuntas. In fact, when the Tainos attempted to escape from the Europeans, they came to the place where I live, that's how dug in I am.

My town is so centralized that we belong to three counties; Adjuntas, Lares and Yauco. I have to avoid horses, chickens and once even an escaped bull as I drive around the area.

Nice thing about the area. It's quite and peacefull (I can leave the house with the doors wide open, come back hours later and all is Ok, except for this one guy in the neighborhood who comes on the property and steal all my machetes. Arrrgh!). I get my bananas, poi, oranges, lemons, tangerines and grapefruits for free. They are all over the property. I'd get my coffee free as well but I am to lazy to pick the beans, peel, wash, dry, roast and grind them.

I sit out on the deck and all I see are mountains covered in green. Ahhhhh! -Koa-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PacoRomero
Just Getting Warmed Up

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: greetings from Texas Reply with quote

My name is Paco Romero and I am a photographer in the Dallas area. Looking forward to learning and contributing to this community!
shanekislack
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Paco, I recognize your name from the Texas Photo Forum. Welcome.
PacoRomero
Just Getting Warmed Up

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Shane! And thanks also for the kind comment on the pics I posted.
Brian Boyko
Forum Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. My name is Brian Boyko. I'm coming to Photography in a weird way. That is, I have an M.A. in Journalism from the University of Texas - but in writing. That is, I never touched a still camera as a student.

Now my day job started in writing, but eventually, it turned out that I've been doing more and more video work, both as a hobby and as a corporate responsibility - I now spend about half my day in Sony Vegas Pro.

Here's the thing - I've recently ordered a DSLR for video production, the Lumix GH1 m4/3 camera... as well as a whole bunch of manual focus FD lenses for it. I was planning on using it for hobby projects.

But I'm a little worried about the stability of my day job. I'm continuing to work on video, but I figure that I if I can pull off photography as well, that might help me make ends meet until I can find another day-job... or better still, maybe I won't need another day-job.

Anyway, that's me. So bear with me.

-- Brian
Mitragorz
Forum Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone! My name is Nick, I'm not a commercial photographer by any means; I'm a pilot.

I would eventually like to get into the business of selling some of my photos, and being a pilot enables me to see some very interesting places. I'd like to eventually put together a photo-book compilation of some of my shots, and that was my main reason for joining... to gather the advice of people who do this for a living.

You'll probably see me posting here and there, asking simple questions. Bear with me! Though the answers may be obvious to you, I know nothing about this business!

-Nick
UrbanDweller
Forum Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I am from Toronto and I am a Fine Arts Photographer. I have been doing it for 27 years. This site was recommended to me by someone and I did have a question I was looking for an answer too and as soon as I remember it I will ask it lol. All my work is sold through galleries. On my website it just shows what I have on sale and where to view it. All my marketing is just attending boring and usually horrid openings of shows at galleries. I do not sell online, no one pays the money I ask for over the internet, just doesn't happen, they want to see the print not an internet version of it because so many variables to viewing on line but mostly no one has their monitors calibrated so what they see online usually looks nothing like the print does. I do both film and digital and do all my own developing, printing, framing, matting. I am very quirky about my work, I don't trust anyone else to touch it unless they are hanging it or buying it. If I come of as an arrogant SOB, it is because I am lol, don't take me too seriously I most certainly don't Very Happy

PS: I also do live concert photography but that I do more for fun and enjoyment than anything else, it gets published but under a pseudonym I like to keep the two as far apart as I can. Just it could affect my Fine Art prices and that I won't risk.
zoommer
Forum Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Hi from Orenburg, Russia ()Ural Reply with quote

hi
my name is Evgeny, I'm travel photographer from Orenburg, Russia. Very excited about this forum. I just scanned it and it's defenitely a place, where I should be Smile

Will be glad to make new contacts here and maybe even be helpful fo someone.

Welcome to my Travel Photography website.
jlafferty
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey -- I'm Jim. I'm not kissing ass at all to say this but I know Brooks and Ronald Tan from "that other forum" and like them very much. Happy to join them and others here.

For the moment I'm building my book, looking to start specializing in beauty, conceptual portraiture and fitness.

During the week I help manage a large commercial studio in Manhattan and get to work with (and repair) all their toys, meet celebs and "big name" shooters, and in general watch the industry go through what I hope are only growing pains. *Yeesh*

Weekends and off-days I'm testing, catching up on retouching, reworking my web site(s), and yeah, shooting for some great clients Very Happy
Robert Jewett
Forum Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newb here. "Hi".
Brooks Ayola
Supreme Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Robert.. Great stuff on your site. I'm assuming you came over after seeing the thread on MM. Take a look around and chime in whenever you like.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Raffy27

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys! I'm Rafael and somewhat a photography enthusiast. I would like to know more about photography and share also what I know. Thanks for letting me join!
jackwilson

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hii all..Welcome to this forum..

Software Testing Training in Chennai | QTP Training in Chennai
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: General Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: