Insurance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: Photo Business Related Links
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlafferty
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:17 am    Post subject: Insurance Reply with quote

I'll just come right out and say it: I haven't yet searched this topic here -- sorry.

BUT! I have been doing the legwork in every other way possible. I've narrowed down my providers to Taylor & Taylor, TCP and Earl Eaton (he covers a pretty big photographer I know).

The trick of course is trying to keep the coverage fee as low as possible without being under-insured, or over-insured. Can I ask you all to chime in with what kind of coverage you have, or any advice you have regarding coverage gotchas and pitfalls?

For instance: I'm looking ahead this year to building some killer location specific work. I can price out location based kits using Adorama's rental catalogue. Let's say for the sake of discussion my location kit is going to be two Profoto 7b2's, two heads, assorted grip gear. I'm not sure what the replacement value of that is, but let's just peg it at $14,000. When it comes to filling out my coverage quote request, and I hit the rental gear section, do I put $14,000, or the yearly average for the total number of shoots -- some multiple of $14,000? Also: how do I cover a rental vehicle here -- or do I do that with the car rental company?

Riders: let's say I've got my rental gear item in order -- and want to once a year add a $20,000 Hassy kit for a job. I need a rider for this. How quickly do these things turn around?

Those are my immediate grey areas. Feel free to chime in with anything you think I should look out for. Thank you for your time Smile

- jim
Mike
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the coverage at the rental car counter and bill it to the client, it may cost more but it's waaaaaaaaaay simpler in case of a claim.
jlafferty
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: Photo Business Related Links All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: