RZ67 ProII Shutter problem - stuck at 1/400th??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: General Technical Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlafferty
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: RZ67 ProII Shutter problem - stuck at 1/400th?? Reply with quote

Hey...

So I got ahold of an old RZ from a friend, traveling in Japan at the moment and lugged it along to get some shots. About halfway through my day yesterday I realized the shutter clap sounded the same no matter the shutter speed. Is this normal? 1/2 a second sounds the same as 1/400th?!

I've looked through the manual, and so far:

1) Checked to make sure the shutter release collar has the white notch aligned with the white dot

2) Changed out the battery

3) Set the camera in either "Normal" or "M" (multi-exposure) mode

The only behavior that seems remotely consistent with the shutter working is that, while in "M" mode, I cannot advance the film cocking lever until, e.g. 2 seconds pass -- in attempting to do so, I get the orange indicator in the viewfinder, the lever is locked back, and then I hear a very minor ping sound once the time associated with the shutter speed elapses, and only then am I free to advance the film.

However---!! The up/down clap of the shutter is always the same Sad
rod
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has happened to me before but it was always the battery. Are you sure it's a fresh battery?
jlafferty
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well… I broke the battery out of a new package, but it was probably sitting on a shelf since the RZ's heyday. Even still, I'm getting no bad battery indicator in the viewfinder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: General Technical Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: