PDN's Photo Annual: Doing this, or have done it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: Photo Marketing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlafferty
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: PDN's Photo Annual: Doing this, or have done it? Reply with quote

What are your thoughts? I'm considering it but not sure where to place my work. Hoping to have the release (assuming I place somewhere) coincide with a promo push. Any experience with it?
Brooks Ayola
Supreme Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I haven't tried any of PDN's annuals or other contests. It seems like that's their biggest source of income these days though.

Looks like the deadline is in two days on the 21st.

http://www.pdnphotoannual.com/

Single Entry: $55
Series: $65
Student: $35

The fees for these things are getting higher and higher it seems.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
davegilo
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, not up on the demographics of pdn but is the work seen by buyers of your type of work, or just photographers? Are you better off doing Com Arts or Graphis? just posing the question, and I know any award can be used (spun) on the blog or tweeted. Good luck
Brooks Ayola
Supreme Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davegilo wrote:
Jim, not up on the demographics of pdn but is the work seen by buyers of your type of work, or just photographers? Are you better off doing Com Arts or Graphis? just posing the question, and I know any award can be used (spun) on the blog or tweeted. Good luck

I think it would be more about being seen by the jurors in this case, which is a pretty awesome list.. You can see it on the web site I linked above.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jlafferty
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooks Ayola wrote:
davegilo wrote:

I think it would be more about being seen by the jurors in this case, which is a pretty awesome list.. You can see it on the web site I linked above.

That's definitely a consideration. There's a judge from Men's Health IIRC... that can't hurt.

Otherwise, my gameplan with this stuff is more a long, sustained kind of campaign. I'll be going after the Lucies, Com Arts and Graphis sometime soon, too.

I know contests can be a racket for the groups running them, but it's simply the cost of doing business from my POV. You gotta pay to play :/ And other annoying catchphrases...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: Photo Marketing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: