Rights to take photos of private offices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: Paper work, paper work, paper work!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mapi3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: Rights to take photos of private offices Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

I'm new to this forum. I'm not a photographer... well not aprofessional.
I'm looking to hire photographers to take photos of private offices, then modify it to include 3D photorealistic logos of companies on the wall.
I would like to know what are the legal rights for this kind of things.
When a photographer sells offices photos to me, Is it his job to ask for authorizations. Then can I use the photos without any constraint ? Can I resell those photos without any constraint ?
Does the photo become y property or I am still libale for the photographer and/or the office owner ?
Thank you to help me on that,

Matthieu
Mel Hill
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Rights to take photos of private offices Reply with quote

mapi3 wrote:

I would like to know what are the legal rights for this kind of things.

Matthieu

My advice is to ask an attorney for legal advice
& to ask photographers for photo advice.
Welcome to the board!
Gordon Moat
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.photoattorney.com/

Here is a great place to start your search to answer your questions. I think it is great that you are starting at this from the right direction. Best of luck.

Gordon
====================
Gordon Moat Photography
http://www.gordonmoat.com
Brooks Ayola
Supreme Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not exactly sure what you're going to do and what the intent of the final result is, but before you consult an attorney, you'll probably need to know more answers.

First, the property owners themselves will have some say in what you can shoot and possibly how it is used, depending on the arrangement you make with them.

Second, the photographers will also have some say in how you use the final images. Some will be perfectly happy to transfer copyright over to you, so that you have complete control on how you use and even re-sell them. Chances are that those photographers won't be the best ones, but you may not need quality, I don't know.

Most good photographers will charge you more for more usage, and a lot for a copyright transfer, but considerably less for unlimited usage without the copyright, which will only hinder you in the re-sale licensing of the images.

Does that make sense?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: Paper work, paper work, paper work! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: