Do you have a Photo Printer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack English
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Do you have a Photo Printer? Reply with quote

My daughter is three years old now, and I have taken thousands of photos, but only have printed a handful of prints of her. Yes, I feel so guilty not being on top of things and having prints made. (are you also guilty of this?)

Do you have a photo printer that you use at your home or do you suggest I just use the local photo lab?

Which photo printer do you have, and please tell me the positive and negatives.

Thanks,
Jack
www.jackenglishphotography.com
shanekislack
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an epson 2200. But anytime I order prints I use mpix.com. They do quite good work, are fast and there is no way in hell I could compete with them on price. You can get an 8x10 for 2.99. I tried printing my own prints for a while but I spent way more in ink and paper than on mpix printing.
Mel Hill
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Costco is great (assuming your local keeps it machine in order) but you should download the printer profiles from drycreekphoto.com
and be sure to turn off the auto correct. Plus, the canvas adjustment helps keep your edges safe. Read all about it on the drycreek site
jlafferty
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Shane. My wife and I got a 2880 as a wedding gift (we half jokingly added it to our registry thinking it was a loooong shot and got lucky). I recently printed 75 4x6 promos for her work on Hahnemuhle Sugar Cane 300gsm paper and between the feeder never taking the paper and the gamut and colors being wonky (despite getting the ICC installed and going through those hoops with rigor), mpix it is for any big job like this.

For small batches of work, and anything on standard matte, gloss or semi-gloss the 2880 produces some great, and predictably consistent work. I also think I'll be printing my portfolio as loose prints in the future.

Ink costs are shocking to me still :/ A complete set: $120 a pop.
esprintguy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your home printer might not be able to keep up with the quality you want for your daughter. Try to see professional printing services provider in your locality or online. There's an online printing I know which offers high quality and affordable printing services. Anyone heard of PrintPlace?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: General Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: