Canon 1DX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank Nagy
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Canon 1DX Reply with quote

Since this is a place for working photogs, I wanted your opinions on the new camera. I myself look at the info and say "YES", this is what I need. I think the Canon people have listened to their customers and produced a real work horse. My "old 1DS Mk II" (with a new shutter last year, after 513 283 actuations on orig) still keeps on ticking and producing. Will have to wait till March and a few weeks of getting to know the beast. Pixel peepers and techno heads have already weighed in etc. etc.
K.C.
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a brilliant move consolidating the 1D line. I also feel that 18MP will be great with the new sensor.

Now if you read on the LuLu you'll find the usual dissenting crowd, while on DPR it's mostly favorable.

Canon lower the res on the G series and improved the camera. I expect they'll have done the same with the 1Dx.
Frank Nagy
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K.C. My sentiments. 18 mp gives large enough files for 99% of the assignments, anyone who has handled large number of 200+gb tiff files will know of the pain and room it takes, 12 fps? Will never use it or need it (not a sports or wildlife shooter) sick ISO, and 61 pt auto focus, rugged, sealed body and great ergo,( I have always favoured Canon because the feel and handling and balance- huge hands, and the smaller bodies have always frustrated me) dual slots, gigabit enet,

Can't wait to put it through a couple of test runs Wink
darelmiler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also really like canon features. Canon 1DX allows AF points in the EOS-1D Xs viewfinder to be illuminated in red when the shutter button is pressed halfway during AI Servo AF, for easy viewing of the selected point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: General Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: