Shooting Tethered with Nikon D700

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: General Technical Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harkins Photo
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Shooting Tethered with Nikon D700 Reply with quote

Anyone doing tethered shooting with a Nikon?
I am using a D700 with Capture Pro 2.
I can't understand why Nikon won't save to the compact flash card and just the laptop.
Is there a workaround or hack for that?
Is there a better way to shoot tethered with a Nikon?
I have checked the older post on this site but wondered if there have been any advances.
Anyone shooting with the WiFi WT-4A wireless units?
Do they save to the card or only the laptop too?
Anyone using Lightroom to import using tehtered?
Thanks,
Kevin
K.C.
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean Camera Control Pro 2 ?

Page 32 of the manual, "If Camera Control Pro is running when a supported camera connected, pictures taken with the camera will be stored on your computer hard disk, not the camera memory card."

http://www.nikonusa.com/pdf/manuals/software/ccp_2en.pdf

Capture One Pro and Lightroom both save the file to your computer when shooting tethered.
Harkins Photo
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes thanks on the correction K.C. It is Camera Control Pro. I was just wondering if anything new was out to get around saving just to the computer. I guess once I get used to it I can deal with it.
I just prefer working with the CF card and downloading to my desktop workstation later. I just use the laptop to view the image larger.
I normally don't work with a laptop and just don't have the habit of using it tethered to the camera. So I take it no one has hacked Camera Control Pro yet and nothing else seems to be available.
K.C.
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a number of different tethered apps coming this next year, but the emphasis will be on using a tablet or a laptop and preferably by WiFi.

Nikon has never been an innovator when it comes to their software, quite to the contrary actually. So I wouldn't expect much to change there.

Here in Southern California if you're not carrying a Macbook Pro to your shoot everyone will wonder what's wrong with you. Pulling a card out and downloading files ? That's so not cool. Rolling Eyes
darelmiler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I am not using nikon camera. But I know nikon D700 is create a problem in shooting thread. But some software has been released which focuses upon the free alternatives available, and has split the free choices into separate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: General Technical Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: