Hola! Hallo! Hello! Bonjour! --- Introductions ONLY!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gabriel
Forum Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy!

I'm a semi-pro freelance photographer in Miami, I shoot mostly fashion and beauty stuff but am still shoving my book under the nose of all who'll see in the hopes of building a client list.

I'm just starting my first marketing campaign, comprised mainly of a direct mail piece (to be updated every quarter, for now), a print portfolio - and a Web version as well - some cold calls soon to be made, and even a little blog.

I shoot with an obsolete dSLR (Canon D60), and a Mamiya M645 film body that will never (?) go out of style. Cool
Daniel_Bergeron
Forum Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a photo assistant down in San Diego, CA. I've been at it for just over 5 years. I'm a pretty happy-go-lucky guy, so long as I'm getting paid on time. I love what I do, but the time to transition to shooting coming soon. I've been shooting subjects that are in some way, shape, or form, connected to my own life. Now I just have to figure out how to make it all commercially viable.

I'm also working with another assistant in the establishment of a proper rental house. If you've got a shoot happening in SoCal, I can certainly be of help.
Forum Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Hiya,

I'm a photographer located in Los Angeles. I'm slowly plugging my way to making a living at photography... So I'm here to learn and contribute what I can.

Smile
jason manchester
Forum Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

I'm a freelance photographer located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. I specialize in yacht photography and have just returned back to Canada after spending 2 years in Australia chasing some of the pro sailing circuit. I hope to one day etch a mark in the yachting industry with my photography.

I look forward to learning as much as possible from the forum, as well as contribute where I can.

J.
Katchlight
Forum Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys n gals.

I'm Mike. Originally from just south of London, UK. Spent the last 2 years in San Francisco and am now starting a commercial studio in Portland, Oregon with a great photographer friend of mine, Craig.

In the past I've shot weddings, music, motorsport...!

Our new studio is commercial advertising in nature. Great forum!

Cheers

Mike

Katchlight Photo Blog

Portland Baby Photography
johnnyolsen
Forum Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: new here Reply with quote

just introducing myself Smile
Brooks Ayola
Supreme Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Johnny. Sorry the place is so slow these days. Jump into a few threads and maybe we'll get some discussion going on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Chuck Goodenough
Just Getting Warmed Up

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Hi all! Reply with quote

I've been shooting commercial and advertising in LA for about 20 years. I'm shooting mostly for apparel and accessories manufacturers now. I also run a couple of eStores and just started a new networking site to bring stock photographers and stock models together.

I'm looking forward to looking around here to see what all is up!
Chuck
http://www.stockmodels.com
photony
Just Getting Warmed Up

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, everyone.

Had to come over here, the PDN forums have been turned unusable. It's like going from using a Mac to using Windows 95, or maybe more like Windows 2.11. Glad to see we have an easy-to-use, lively and professional forum. Looking forward to trading useful information with all of you.

Cheers,

Tony
Brooks Ayola
Supreme Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it's lively... :-) I was about to shut this place down since it kinda died. I'll leave it up to see if people want to hang out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Richard R. Barron
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Richard Here Reply with quote

Thought I'd join in on the intro page, too. Here is my "official" intro paragraph...

I am Richard R. Barron, the Chief Photographer at the Ada Evening News, a daily newspaper in Ada, Oklahoma, as well as Editor and Chief Photographer for Ada Magazine. I am the winner of nearly 100 awards, including the Oklahoma Press Association's Photographer of the Year (two times), the Associated Press Photography Sweepstakes award (two times), and the Thomson Newspapers North American Award of Excellence. My hobbies include nature photography, hiking, climbing, camping, flying, music, writing, and film-making. I take most of my vacations in the desert, which includes areas like the Colorado Plateau, where Abby and I got married, the Chihuahuan Desert, New Mexico, and the mountains of Colorado.
photony
Just Getting Warmed Up

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW,

the new PDN format blows. I'd way rather hang here if professionals want to converse than at the sad new version of PDN. If we can all share here, let's do it.

Brooks, if you need $ to keep this going and professionals will really share info here, I'm among the first to be happy to contribute whether via paypal or whatever. The industry needs a place for professionals to hang.

-TD
Brooks Ayola
Supreme Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't cost me anything to keep this up... I will be handing out moderator privileges to more people if it picks up though.
SteveFitzpatrick
Forum Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hola a todos.

I'm a full time professional located here in sunny San Juan, Puerto Rico.

www.stevefitzpatrick.com

I enjoy having access to other professionals like myself for mutual moral and professional support.

Things seem to be getting harder and harder for us as the years go by, but it beats working behind a desk.

Wait... I AM behind a desk! And find myself here most of the time nowadays!!

Shocked

Saludos to all.
jayreilly
Forum Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: hello from san diego, ca Reply with quote

just moved over from the PDN forum. have been looking for a pretty active place and maybe this is...

nice to forum meet you all, here is my info:

jay reilly
http://www.jayreilly.com
http://www.mycameraisbiggerthanyours.com
Simon Gerzina
Just Getting Warmed Up

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey y'all...I'm a regular over at Fred Miranda (as "shatterkiss") and another member gave me the heads-up that a lot of the less-content folks there were moving over here (thanks, Brent!).

I'm a portraitist and occasional fashion shooter, also supplementing my income with lots of video directing. I live in Brooklyn, NY, but work nationally.

Happy to be here and looking forward to seeing lots of familiar "faces"!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Craig Brewer
Just Getting Warmed Up

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another refugee from PDN. Registered a few years ago and had been back from time to time but couldn't remember my password and finally figured it today after trying a bunch of combinations. Hi Brooks, I used to be near you over in Northridge until I moved down to the south bay a year and a half ago. Glad you kept the forum open.
shanekislack
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just introducing myself. Right now I'm an assistant but feel the shooting world calling my name. I'd like to transition over the next year or so.

I shoot people. I have a website www.shanekislack.com. Some people call me "Shaniac". My PIN number is 6120 and my bank account routing number is 422569822.
Mau
Forum Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all, I'm another exile from the PDN forums. It's so cool to see so many people from that forum come over here. I've been lurking for years in the forums there and always counted on that community to educate me and offer great advice.

Thanks to Brooks for keeping this place running!
Brooks Ayola
Supreme Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, everyone... Now get out there and contribute to the forums. :-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: General Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: