Leaf Digital Tech Training/Intensive Workshop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: Photographer's Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveKlaus
Forum Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Leaf Digital Tech Training/Intensive Workshop Reply with quote

Has anyone attended the Leaf "Hands-on Intensive Workshop"? It looks like it teaches you the Leaf Aptus back and the Leaf software. They have sessions in both New York and L.A., but I was wondering if it's worth the $225 they charge you or if its going to be an 8 hr. long info-mercial for Leaf.
The web-site is:

http://prodigitalconsulting.com/PDC_service_leaf.html

if anyone is interested.
Terence Patrick
Just Getting Warmed Up

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met with Amy, the person who's organizing and lecturing at these workshops. She's not affiliated with Leaf outside of being a regular user of their products as a digitech herself. From what I gather, it's a part technical, part indirect sales pitch...in that Leaf reps are typically on hand to answer questions and Leaf products are the only ones used. I suppose if you've never handled a digital back, it's a good opportunity to work with them hands on for a few hours as there's only 10-15 people who attend these workshops. She also goes over basic file management, color management, and other digital technician basics.

She told me she also puts on workshops for Phase One that are two-day, if you're more interested in those products.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: Photographer's Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: