Studio recommendations in LA for a houseware shoot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: Photographer's Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin W Smith
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: Studio recommendations in LA for a houseware shoot Reply with quote

I am in desperate need for any recommendations on a studio in LA where I can replicate a bedroom, dining room, and living room. I need flats with windows, several pieces of furniture, etc., etc., all the accouterments of a typical home.

Another possibility would be an actual, furnished home that I can dress. In fact I might prefer this, given my experience in architectural photography. All of my product work consists of relatively small things, I've never had to create a life size set before.

I need this for a bid that has to be submitted first thing Monday morning, before I leave for different job. Even if I still had my studio it wouldn't matter, because I need a much larger space with a well equipped property department.

Please help me. Smile
Gordon Moat
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is from a recent recommendation in Picture Magazine:

http://www.locationswatch.com/

If you have a copy of the SEPT/OCT 08 issue, it is their 8th Annual Los Angeles issue. Lots of good recommendations and listings. Unfortunately, you would need to call many of them to find out what they stock.

Let me know if you want some more of the listings, or contact information. I will be checking back here for the next hour.

Gordon
====================
Gordon Moat Photography
http://www.gordonmoat.com
Kevin W Smith
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Gordon.

I ran into a local buddy who does props for a living. He recommended that I just rent a house, it'll be a lot cheaper. Now I just gotta find a house, but he told me what they normally cost ($3500-5000) for a still shoot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: Photographer's Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: