Portfolio Presentation Boxes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: Photo Marketing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digital4toes
Forum Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Portfolio Presentation Boxes Reply with quote

The photo students in my area seem to favor presentation portfolio boxes like this one from Light Impressions.

There are lots of popular options available such as Lost Luggage, Brewer-Cantelmo, and Asuka. There are also the books with inkjet printable pages, which are quite popular today.

I can imagine that the portfolio print boxes might go over well if you are chasing gallery exhibits or need to carry some print samples to a portrait client. Other than that, I do not recall seeing this type of presentation in quite a while. So my question is, are the 11x14 print box portfolios relevant today?
Leslie
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing wrong with a box per se, but the ones from LI come off looking quite cheap. If you want to use a box, you need to have one made for you so that it is something more than just a cheap box. Also, you need to think about the images inside, the space required for an art buyer or PE to look at your work (not so large prints can seem larger as you need twice the space to look at them when they are not bound). You lose control of sequence. The prints need to be mounted.

...there are lots of issues with boxes.

Basically it can be done well, but not cheaply and easily.

Good Luck!
-Leslie
http://facebook.com/burnsautoparts
digital4toes
Forum Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the feeling the students think that they are always going to be granted an interview that will allow them to 'show' their work. Unless you are well known many art buyers prefer to review your book at a time when the photographer is not present, avoiding the awkward situation of having to say something good about every picture. If you pass their initial review they may call you for an interview.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: Photo Marketing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: