Adbase or Agency Access?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: Photo Marketing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jon DeVaul
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:25 am    Post subject: Adbase or Agency Access? Reply with quote

I was just wondering about what users of these feel are the pros and cons. What made you choose one over the other. I'm reading the new book by Sease and Sosa Stone, and I'm kinda leaning towards Agency Access, but I'd like to hear opinions before pulling the trigger. Thanks.

Jon
Tom McKenzie
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an adbase account. Get great service, easy to use, always a discount when it is time to renew. I use either white house or overnight for my printing. Agency access or adbase, not sure of the apples to apples of the two. Should be an interesting thread.

Tom McKenzie
http://www.tjmckenzie.com
Detroit Area
davegilo
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My rep recently switched over from Adbase to AA, I do not know why, I think it's a horse apiece,
both have and provide pretty much the same contacts, good service, just do not expect a lot of local small market info.
Leslie
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is, of course, a considerable amount of data overlap between the two.

I work with AA (not on salary or the like), so I want that clearly out there. I used to work with Adbase, so I know both fairly well.

One thing I highly suggest is not just talking with the people at each company (which is important--for me that has a lot to do with why I switched alliances) but make sure to get demo accounts and play with the interfaces as much as possible. A list service is a tool and if it doesn't feel good to you, you won't use it. That needs to be first on your list--usability.

Good luck!
-Leslie
http://facebook.com/burnsautoparts
Jon DeVaul
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leslie wrote:
There is, of course, a considerable amount of data overlap between the two.

I work with AA (not on salary or the like), so I want that clearly out there. I used to work with Adbase, so I know both fairly well.

One thing I highly suggest is not just talking with the people at each company (which is important--for me that has a lot to do with why I switched alliances) but make sure to get demo accounts and play with the interfaces as much as possible. A list service is a tool and if it doesn't feel good to you, you won't use it. That needs to be first on your list--usability.

Good luck!
-Leslie

Leslie, I sent a PM to a commercial photographer who I highly respect, from another forum. He went with Adbase, but he also alluded in a negative way to communicating with the sales people at Adbase...kind of a warning. Be that as it may, I'm looking for easy navigation, something that while thorough, is easy to comprehend. Just looking at "The Photographer's Survival Guide" by Sease and Sosa Stone, I got the impression that Agencey Access is very intuitive. Would you agree? Thanks.

Jon
Brooks Ayola
Supreme Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at the end of my Adbase subscription and I think I'm going to try Agency Access this time. I kinda want to see both for myself. My only issue is how long do I wait before I start up the new account? It seems logical that I'll save a little money if I wait a couple months between since I won't need to send anything out right away after my final Adbase mailing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mike
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking into this as well, has anyone used FreshLists?
bubs
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used FreshLists. It was good for what you pay for it ( I think it was $100). Used it for a year and sent out a few mailings and called a few people on it. Didn't get much response but I was also working more on my existing clients and didn't really give it everything I should have. I only got the LA list and it seemed pretty up to date.
Mike
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I had Adbase a few years ago and didn't use it to it's potential. My fault. It seems like a good product but so do the others. It depends on the quality and accuracy of the content.
mschulz
Just Getting Warmed Up

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked into both before signing up with Adbase. The reason I went with them was basically the way the sales person handled the conversation and their flexibility in pricing. The contacts are probably more or less the same. I like the interface of both the list generator and the email tool plus Adbase provides additional material like webinars, whitepapers and podcasts which I didn't see at AA at the time (it may be there).
When I had questions or problems and called them I didn't have to wait long on the phone and was always helped by a friendly person.

I don't think you can go wrong with either two. The only mistake you could make is not to use them to the fullest.

Mike

www.michaelschulz-photography.com
Jon DeVaul
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I throw this out here? Leslie mentions usability, which is really important obviously. It could be the best program out there, but if you don't use it, it's pretty much worthless. With that in mind, I've posed this same question in other forums I belong to, and everyone seems to think that the programs are good, but the only negative comments I've gotten so far are..."I haven't made use of it like I should have". So how time consuming are these programs, and is one more intuitive than the other, which would lead one to use it on a regular basis. Thanks.

Jon
Mike
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are as time consuming as you want them to be. If you have (or are) someone who can consistently be working the list by getting the promos out all the time and shipping the portfolio around as needed any of the programs will work for you.
The info is all there in an easy to use format, the tricky part for me was to follow through on a regular basis.
Promotion becomes a part time job to go a long with the 5 other part time jobs we have.
Jon DeVaul
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
They are as time consuming as you want them to be. If you have (or are) someone who can consistently be working the list by getting the promos out all the time and shipping the portfolio around as needed any of the programs will work for you.
The info is all there in an easy to use format, the tricky part for me was to follow through on a regular basis.
Promotion becomes a part time job to go a long with the 5 other part time jobs we have.

That was my point Mike. Most of the people I meet on these forums are definitely not lazy, and I agree that there's at least five jobs we have. That's why(along with the fact that I'm terrible on the business end) I need something that is easy to follow up on.

Jon
Mike
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it Adbase very easy to use, it wasn't the programs fault. It was mine.
mschulz
Just Getting Warmed Up

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your best bet would be to get a demo account with both of them and try them. That way you can have full access to the interface and database and see what works best for you.

Mike

www.michaelschulz-photography.com
megafunk
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adbase is running an $85/month Standard Ed. subscription rate special until May 29th.
Jon DeVaul
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got an email from Agency Access...$500 savings. It's one of those where you get 15 months for the cost of 12 months. I'm going to call tomorrow or Friday.

Jon
Leslie
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like AA over Adbase--mostly for the people who work there. Both companies have good data and services, however, and you are likely to get what you need from either. But Keith and crew at AA are lovely, caring, hard-working people so they get my nod.
http://facebook.com/burnsautoparts
Jon DeVaul
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leslie wrote:
I like AA over Adbase--mostly for the people who work there. Both companies have good data and services, however, and you are likely to get what you need from either. But Keith and crew at AA are lovely, caring, hard-working people so they get my nod.

I spoke to Scott at Agency Access today. Will call him back on Monday and proceed with my order...they really are nice people...Scott was great.

Jon
Rich Green
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of the day, does it really matter which one is chosen? Pick one and if you like the people and service, stick with it and do the work. I think the big problem is - with every photographer doing email marketing today, the photo buyers are being swamped with promos.
http://rjgreenphoto.wordpress.com
http://www.facebook.com/Rich.Green.Photography
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: Photo Marketing All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: