PR negotiating

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: Paper work, paper work, paper work!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shanekislack
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: PR negotiating Reply with quote

When you shoot PR stuff...and you're going in not really knowing how many images will actually be used...how do you negotiate that?

Companies seem to want to have all the images 'just in case'. But there's a big difference between processing and delivering 3 images and 300. What's standard for PR shooting? Do you just hand over a disc? Do you estimate for a maximum number of images? What's the scoop?
Mel Hill
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For PR events, I tend to estimate the job with processing all the images I shoot (except for blinks and just bad shots). Of course, I do not plan on spending a great deal of time doing post to any of the shots so it is all about getting it right when I shoot. Any "head swapping" or other advanced PS work is billed as additional work and is listed in the estimate as available "extras" if requested by the client. Once a request is made for added work to some of the images, I re-estimate the costs involved and have them approve the additional costs BEFORE I do the work....
shanekislack
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so they get all the good-to-decent images?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ProPhotoForums.com Forum Index :: Paper work, paper work, paper work! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: